Monday, January 12, 2009

Ha ha, very funny

I just noticed I gave one of my previous posts the title of "One Last Thing," which is funny, because that's the actual thing I say to my housband almost every night before bed, when he's almost asleep.  

After I've been talking and talking and he listens and listens, it gets quiet because I'm thinking or reading or whatever, and BAM!  His eyes are closed and he's thinking weird thoughts, nearly asleep, and I think of something else to tell him... "Oh, one last thing," I say, and he sighs.  

This is almost our nightly routine.  Except when I have a good book to read.


Also, I'm getting seasonally confused.  It's like that Katy Perry song...  it's hot then it's cold, it's yes, then it's no.......  And it doesn't help that I get emails from the Gap with photos like this one:


Except every time I look at it, I'm a little confused at what year it's from:  1998?  2002?  I don't really know!  Who wears bucket hats anymore besides little girls?  And who can pull that off?  I think it's all fine and good, except for the bucket hat.  I don't know why it bothers me so much.

But it doesn't matter.  What matters are all the brilliant spring time-y colors, colors which make me feel like Daisy in the The Great Gatsby, and make me want to throw all those colorful clothes everywhere while crying.  [Side note: I always thought that was the weirdest part of the book, and I also always wondered if Daisy isn't quite.... there.  

Maybe she's just chronically drunk.]

It also reminds me of the blooming lilac bushes at my parents' old house.  I always knew it was spring when those were out and blooming...  I wonder how I'll know the season now?  

What all of this comes down to is this, right here:  I want to go to Washington, D.C. in the spring to see all the trees blossoming.  That is one of my life goals... along with having a loft in my future house.

I may or may not have lost it over the weekend.

1 comment:

meg fee said...

oh im totally ooshing over all the spring colors that are popping up in the stores.

and me too...d.c. to see the cherry blossoms, good idea!