Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's funny how life works sometimes.

To be honest, today hasn't been a very good day for me. Thing after thing has piled up, and it's left me feeling tired and extremely anxious. When my husband got home from work, he brought with him a stack of bills. Great, I thought. More to worry about. I left them closed, and we left to pick up a couple things and get ice cream to cheer me up.

Surprisingly, or unsurprisingly, it didn't work very well.

We got home and I decided to finally open the bills. I opened the envelope of the first, our gas bill, and my mouth dropped open.

Total amount due? $.75. That's right. Seventy-five cents.

After reading the entire bill for a catch, I realized there is no catch. It's part of a huge rebate thing.

And holy wow, that really helped me feel better.

Now if only all our other expenses would give us a rebate... Hmmm...

3 comments:

Amy said...

we got that rebate too!

hooray for small things like that... right??????

and how come ice cream didn't make you feel better?????

Adrienne Hansen said...

Our bill was $2.75! YAY! I just wish it would stay this low next month and next month.

Why frustrated???

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love when the universe throws you a bone?

Feel better, A.