Monday, June 28, 2010

The good news is

I learn more about myself all the time.

For example? 

Today I re-learned that driving a long(er) distance (than around town) alone isn't bad.  Shocker for those who (really) know me.  And that it means I can listen to whatever music I want and skip songs I don't want, and I sing along as loud as I want.  Even if it looks funny.  I recommend these songs for singing along as loud as your vocal cords allow: 

"Kissing the Lipless" - The Shins
"Am I Wrong" - Love Spit Love
"A Lack of Color" - Death Cab for Cutie

I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of them right this second.  Also, the CDs playing in my car today were from mixes I made when I was 18 and 19.  I was a cool kid.  I still like those mixes, big time.

Secondly, I re-learned today that wearing makeup is sometimes more of a hassle than it's worth.  I like rinsing my face mid-day, mostly because it's so hot outside.  And today, having no makeup on = awesome.  No makeup on my hand towel.  And plus who cares.

Lately, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life.  I already have two things down:  wife and dog owner.  (That and daughter, sister, aunt, stepsister, granddaughter, etc., etc.)  Beyond that, I'm an open book.  Any suggestions? I have several options in mind:  grad school student, nanny, dog walker, artist.  Now it's your turn for some ideas. 

Happy Monday to all my friends in blogland.  And real land.

No comments: