Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Things, or something like that, about today

I have some good news, and I have some bad news.

The good news is that it snowed last night.  I don't completely hate snow!  Also, I enjoy the Christmas-y feelings it gives me.  The truth is, I don't hate snow... I hate driving in it.  A completely huge difference... right?

The bad news is that Bert ran away this morning, came back, and then he had to eat his breakfast in his cage because HE. IS. A. BAD. DOG.  (Sometimes.  He's learning.)

And then while I got ready, Bagheera sat, quietly, and I remember what it was like to have one dog.  It was like the heavens opened and angels sang about what a miracle it is to have one dog who is brilliantly obedient...... but then I remembered Bert and his little brown eyes, and subsequently forgot all about it.

Bert is an awesome lap-warmer.
My dogs, resting their heads on the same pillow.  So cute I could squish them both.

Also.  I have something seriously wrong with my right-side ribs.  So that's also bad news.  Life is really punching me in the throat this last month-or-so, health-wise.  I think I coughed a crack right into my ribs. (I don't really know what's going on, but it hurts when I breathe and cough and generally move.)

So, that's my average Wednesday.  Oh, and I'd also like to point out that I had to go look for Bert this morning in my sleeping shorts, my black wellies, and my pink pea coat.  And, oh, you know, my hair which stuck straight up (and when I saw my reflection I thought I didn't know I could look like such a fine cockatoo).

This is not to mention last week, when I took the dogs out one morning in my fluffy pink robe, my wellies, and a towel on my head--to the community lawn area.  The same neighbors keep seeing me like this every morning and all I can do nowadays is shrug and pretend I don't see them.  If I can't see them, they can't see me.................. right?

No comments: