Sunday, January 20, 2013

One of the hardest things

about living in a home that is not technically your own is missing things.  Like 30 Rock.

You thought I was going to say something about all your stuff being packed away in a playhouse or something, didn't you? 

Hear me out.

I don't watch a lot of TV nowadays.  I'd like to say it's because I've turned a new leaf and I'm above TV now, but in an effort to be totally transparent, I will tell you the honest truth:  the TV here, at my in-laws' house, is downstairs.  The room it's in is cold, and not particularly baby-proofed.  Also, carrying both babies is sort of an interesting feat.  Also, my children tend to get bored of TV quickly and then want to do things like... suck on the prongs of cords, of which there are plenty downstairs.  I'm hoping they're not some of those weird kids who gape at the TV at friends' houses because they "weren't allowed" to watch it at home.

Anyway, the point is: we don't watch a lot of TV.

I just saw a clip of 30 Rock and I realized, HEY!  I miss that show!  I used to watch all the Thursday night shows I saved up on my DVR so I could skip commercials and I LOVED IT.

I have a lot of ideas about DVR guilt, by the way, so if you're interested, we could certainly get into that.

Sometimes I think of things I will really enjoy about moving out and on again*, things I've missed while living here in an effort to save some (non-existent) money.  (Read:  we've got no money.  I'm ok with it, you can be ok with it, too.  Having twins while your husband is still getting his undergraduate degree tends to do that to you.)

So, here we go.

Thing #1 I will enjoy:  Cable television.  Nay!  Not just cable!  Perhaps even DVR!  (Though I'm going to be smarter this time and not record practically every show on the television and then feel badly when I don't actually watch it.  TVs do not have feelings, ASHLEY, they just DO NOT.  Also, self, maybe don't get Dish Network.  Their customer service is terrible, horrible, awful.)



*Disclaimer:  I love my in-laws.  They are some of the greatest people I've ever known, and the fact that they love us and let us (two adults, two children, and two canines) live with them is huge to me.  Also, my mother- and father-in-law watch the babies on Saturday and Sunday mornings and we actually sleep in most weekends--they like the time with them, we like the sleep.  It's a win-win situation.  So, I like living with them, but I also really like living on my own.  These posts are not ever intended to hurt anyone's feelings, so please don't mistake my jokingness with being ungrateful.  Ok, thanks.

1 comment:

Adrienne Hansen said...

Hahah!!!! Love this:

"things I've missed while living here in an effort to save some (non-existent) money. (Read: we've got no money. I'm ok with it, you can be ok with it, too. Having twins while your husband is still getting his undergraduate degree tends to do that to you.)"