OHMYGOODNESS. We've been married 5 years. Time has flown, everybody!
In the tradition of the day, here's what happened in the last year for us:
- Added two (2!) children. Never thought five years ago that in five years, we'd have two kids.
- Lost a lot of sleep due to the amount of children we had at one time.
- Realized having kids is NUTS. Awesome, but nuts.
- Basically bummed around our families' houses. (My in-laws' place, my mom's place, a hotel, then back to the in-laws').
- Lived in a hotel from June through August. Became buddies with the maids.
- Made some really good friends in Elko, and then proceeded to miss them every day since we've been back.
- Kept our two dogs. (Though sometimes I wanted to strangle them, and other times I wanted to smooch them. So I guess the fact that we kept them is a milestone, eh?)
- Sold a jeep, bought a truck, went to Vegas to pick it up. (THAT was an adventure I didn't write about... let's just say: it was an adventure. An adventure that maybe shouldn't ever be repeated.)
- Quit a few jobs (two for me, one for my housband)
- Began a few jobs (one for me, kinda!, two for my housband)
- Got a real-life, grown-up job offer! (I guess we're adults now!)
- Went through some really hard things with my family.
- Survived anyway.
- Jogged lots of miles
- Biked lots of miles
- Lost almost 40 pounds (one of us... ahem).
- Worked on becoming better human beings
Our girls have completely enriched our lives... they are such a source of joy for us.
Anyway, this year's been tough. But, it's also been really, really good. Here's to the next five years!