Wednesday, April 3, 2013

5 years



OHMYGOODNESS.  We've been married 5 years.  Time has flown, everybody!

In the tradition of the day, here's what happened in the last year for us:

  • Added two (2!) children.  Never thought five years ago that in five years, we'd have two kids.  
  • Lost a lot of sleep due to the amount of children we had at one time.  
  • Realized having kids is NUTS.  Awesome, but nuts. 
  • Basically bummed around our families' houses.  (My in-laws' place, my mom's place, a hotel, then back to the in-laws').
  • Lived in a hotel from June through August.  Became buddies with the maids.  
  • Made some really good friends in Elko, and then proceeded to miss them every day since we've been back.
  • Kept our two dogs.  (Though sometimes I wanted to strangle them, and other times I wanted to smooch them.  So I guess the fact that we kept them is a milestone, eh?)

  •  Sold a jeep, bought a truck, went to Vegas to pick it up.  (THAT was an adventure I didn't write about... let's just say:  it was an adventure.  An adventure that maybe shouldn't ever be repeated.)
  • Quit a few jobs (two for me, one for my housband)
  • Began a few jobs (one for me, kinda!, two for my housband)
  • Got a real-life, grown-up job offer! (I guess we're adults now!)
  • Went through some really hard things with my family.
  • Survived anyway. 
  • Jogged lots of miles
  • Biked lots of miles
  •  Lost almost 40 pounds (one of us... ahem).
  • Worked on becoming better human beings
I really think this has been one of the hardest years we've had yet, for a myriad of reasons.  I was reading somewhere recently that someone wrote that after having a baby, she and her husband attended therapy because having children is something like taking a good thing and throwing a bomb in it.  Haha!  I can see what they meant. 

Our girls have completely enriched our lives... they are such a source of joy for us. 

Anyway, this year's been tough.  But, it's also been really, really good.  Here's to the next five years!

1 comment:

Mekenzie @ interiorsbykenz.com said...

You guys are such a beautiful couple! Happy anniversary! Sounds like you've had quite an eventful year. Here's to many more :)