Friday, March 20, 2009

Thinking

I think inspiration can come from anywhere. I remember reading from my scriptures in Enos a while ago, and I felt so inspired... I felt such a fire of understanding, as though I knew exactly what Enos was writing about; I then remembered a part from a poem e.e. cummings wrote, which reads:
i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes
I felt so inspired, I printed it out, ripped it into a rectangle and stuck it in my scriptures. I see it all the time now, especially when I flip open my scriptures to read a bit and gain daily insight and inspiration.

I think spiritual inspiration can come from more than just scriptures or people speaking in church... I find it all over the place. Things that prove to me that God lives. Whether it's seeing a smile of pure joy on nieces' or nephews' faces, or spring after winter, or a song that makes me feel good and lifts me out of feeling bad... it comes from everywhere. I forget too often the beauty of the world around me, and all the good that's come to my life... but it's easy to remember when spring comes and the world is blue and gold, open and warm.

Last night, I was taking photos outside, and I heard birds sing. I couldn't believe it! It's almost as if I had forgotten that's a thing that actually happens. Sometimes I forget that the seasons change, and nothing lasts forever. Hard times won't stick around forever... good times won't either. I haven't worn a jacket all day in days. Life is pretty incredible if you take time to think about it. How we're here, why we're here; after thinking of that, the little things seem pretty petty. Sometimes I just need to be outside to hear the birds sing, and I feel a spark of inspiration: I'm thankful for a blue true dream of sky and leaping greenly spirits of trees. What a wonderful life.

1 comment:

Adrienne Hansen said...

Thinking makes my head hurt.

On another note, I bought Twilight! COME WATCH WITH ME! (PS-I'm watching it right now)