Thursday, October 1, 2009

I just

ate way way WAY too much sugar. I don't know when I'll ever learn that my body isn't built to only house sugar. (And I also don't know when I'll learn that I'm not 17 anymore...)

I have a book club meeting tonight, but I haven't read the book yet. I'm on the 5th chapter. I am seriously torn about whether to go or not.

I kind of want to sit home on my couch, bunker down, and not think about a thing while I watch So You Think You Can Dance.

Because here are things about which I've been thinking that have made my mind into a slimy muddled puddle of somethingness:

*My website. Yes, I'm working on it. It's a lot of work. I have a lot of images to process and get internet-ready. I'm overwhelmed. I'm also adding three more shoots to the pile of "need to process" this weekend. I'm a little worried about that.

*Getting my business license/registration sorted out. Holy confusing questions, batman. I've never done anything like this before, and I've never heard most of these business-y terms before. I guess it's simple, but I can be pretty simple-minded when it comes to things of permanent or semi-permanent consequence.

*The Film is Not Dead workshop. I'm nervous to meet new people. I feel like a grade-school kid again. What if they don't like me? Then I remember we're all the same boat. I think. Perhaps after next Wednesday night, I'll be able to sleep well at night again.

*How much I hate money. Mostly because I never have any. My own fault.

*How I might be doing spreadsheets FOR.EV.ER.

*How much I wanted to dog-nap the puppy which came into my ceramics class last night.

*How my pottery will turn out. Hopefully there aren't any garish cracks or handles falling off after going through the initial bisque firing. Once I get them glazed, I will probably take a photo. If they don't turn out too horrendously. I've realized, once again, how clumsy I am with my hands.

*There are round-trip flights from Salt Lake to Los Angeles for around $199 and I am not on them. This upsets me more than I want to tell you. I saw a photo of a person just down the street from the beach and I almost lost it the other day.

And lastly,

*Why can't I draw good?

Yep.


This photo will probably end up in my portfolio. I haven't posted photos here for a bit, so I thought I'd share at least this one. Tori, tell your sisters THANK YOU for letting me borrow their beautiful, fantastic kids.

2 comments:

Adrienne Hansen said...

you need a chill pill.

amen.

Tori said...

love the picture, your the best!