Friday, April 23, 2010

Life, lately

I am happy.  The weather is getting better, and there's sunshine outside... I forget, every year, that winter ends, that spring always comes. 

Lately, I find myself regularly wanting to share funny stories or little anecdotes with my office-mate at work, but then I realize they're probably only funny to me and my husband.  So I don't share several things; instead, I keep them with me and they make me smile and my insides feel warm and swollen in a good way.



Photos of my grandparents.  I love their goofy grins in the second photo.

I love my dog.  I think I love him more every day.  He has brought me such happiness, and I love his company.  He tries very hard to be a lap dog, but he's not particularly good at it.  He also enjoys getting drinks from the tub faucet, which is charming.  He almost always wags his tail, and he puts himself in his cage when he thinks we're mad at him.  He has whiskers JUST long enough, and his fur is so soft.  He naps by me.  He licks my face.  He's a good dog.

I love my husband, too, but I don't want to tell you everything about him because he wouldn't like that, and I'm not particularly mushy about him except to myself.  He makes me laugh all the time, laugh in the sort of way that is explosive or a "burst laugh" as he calls it.  I think this laugh is embarrassing, but he says he likes it.  Nobody else makes me consistently laugh like he does.  Sometimes I laugh really hard at things he says to me when it's just us, but get embarrassed when he says the same things to other people, but he never cares.  Nobody else is willing to be so silly and crazy with me.  Sometimes, I'll say something I think is incredibly outlandish, and he will, without any hesitation, top what I just said, easily.  It drives me crazy, but it also impresses me--his wit is quick.  (Except that I never win our bizarro what-if situations...it's a regular game we play.)  He's good at making dinner for us, but bad at cleaning it up.  He likes dumb shows on TV, but some good ones, too.  He likes to talk about moving to Nevada because he knows it bugs me.  He's my biggest supporter and compliments me a lot about things like my outfits or my hairdo.  He loves our dog and tries to teach him new tricks all the time.  Ok, yep, I just love him.  That was mushy.  But I didn't tell you everything about him, just a little.



Life is good in the sort of way that makes you want to take off your clothes and play with your brother and sister in a lake.  If you were a kid, that is.

Anyway, life is good and I am happy.  I have a lot of things going on right now, lots of changes and new ideas, but it's good.  So good that I just can't keep it to myself.



What's good for you lately?

2 comments:

Adrienne Hansen said...

I love those pictures of Grandma and Grandpa. They are so cute!

Adrienne Hansen said...

I love those pictures of Grandma and Grandpa. They are so cute!