Friday, April 16, 2010

Time capsule

I do this elsewhere a lot, but I'd like to do it here this time.  Here's my time capsule of sorts.

Things which make me emotional lately:
  • This great dane.  Dogs like this in general.






(Photos, as always, by the fabulous Sharon Montrose.)

  • Looking at the pet adoption site for Cache Valley and finding so many dogs that need a home.  Yep, I'm a total dog person.
  • Thinking about getting older
  • Thinking about how quickly life passes by 
Songs with which I am in love:
  • "Family Tree," TV on the Radio
  • "Fables," The Dodos
  • "Lille," Lisa Hannigan
  • "Follow Me," Thirteen Senses
  • "What Is a Life?" Youth Group
  • "Wonderful" Gary Go
  • "Tik Tok" Ke$ha (It's catchy...)
  • "I Guess It's Gonna Rain Today," Sondre Lerche
  • "Sunshine Song," Jason Mraz
Favorite article of clothing:

These shoes!
Currently saving for:
  • New bedding
  • A smaller kitchen table
  • A couple lenses for my cameras
Excited about:
  • Visiting Arizona in May
  • Stopping at a rock shop along the way and admiring HUGE geodes
  • Visiting my sister in a couple weeks
  • Getting my film back from the best lab in the world
  • The way it smells outside, and the sunshine
  •  Finding rugs for our apartment so I don't have to sweep every day
Worried about:
  • My business
  • Yesterday's earthquake
  • Whether Bagheera is sick or not... (long story)
  • Getting older
  • Having enough money
Loving:
  • The house we passed on our way back from our anniversary weekend; they had a million peacocks.  White ones and regular ones.  It was a dream!
  • Sherlock Holmes, the movie.  Much better than I expected.
  • The stack of books I have waiting for me at home.
  • My little family
Sick of:
  • Laundry
  • Not having my bike to ride at our apartment (it's at my in-laws).  I want to ride it!
  • Rising gas prices
  • The dog eating tree bark... then throwing it up.
  • Dishes
  • Figuring out what to eat at every meal besides breakfast.  Why is cereal not an acceptable diet?
Considering:
  • Graduate school
  • Photo shoot ideas (I'm thinking of creative/different ones... any volunteers who want to be photographed?)
I think that's good for now. I'm so excited about the weekend; this week has been so good.  I'm looking forward to spending time with my husband and dog, and seeing old friends at a baby shower.

What are YOU looking forward to this weekend?

2 comments:

Becca's Bologna said...

Oh my goodness... I have those shoes. We have good taste.

Adrienne Hansen said...

Doggies like that break my heart also. Darn dogs. Why do we love them so, so much?

ALSO...are you not looking forward to the birth of your niece?

And, you can photograph me. I volunteer. What shall I wear? A prom dress? Workout gear? A moo-moo? You tell me and I will do it.