Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Something to Say

I can't think of anything to say.

By that, I mean I can think of a million things to say, but I can't articulate any of them.

I just want to go for a ride on my cruiser bike, soak in a bubble bath, read a book until it's late, and sleep under my warm, blue covers. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Lately, every day feels the same, especially at work. But small changes at home make each day special. I lit all our candles in our family room last night. We (my husband and I) watched planet earth snuggled in blankets, ate macaroni and cheese, and drank apple juice in special glasses. It was truly fantastic.

I think life is too short not to enjoy yourself; too short to not use your special dishes, to not jump on the bed, to not use all the bubble bath and break the rules. I have to teach myself this over and over, but I think it's getting better.

I worry a lot. Maybe I need to do that less. (Believe me, I am trying. My mind is revolting against me!)

Life is good. However, I think too much, worry too much, fret too much for all the goodness I have.


This is Deer Valley in July; one of my very favorite places. This photo just reminded me of a bookstore on Main Street in Park City--I would have to say that place is also one of my very favorite places. (I'm not particularly a cat lover, but I don't even mind the cats that lounge in there... I will find a picture of it and post it soon.)

I am in a Park City state of mind.

No comments: