Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hello again

I'm back.

I had a lovely, lovely Friday & weekend. I made treats [peanut butter pie and cupcakes--I went a little crazy, but it was fun], cleaned my house, went swimming, bought a new dress and got a haircut. I also helped my sister get her house ready for my nephew's 1st birthday party the next day.

I took a lot of photos of him... he's so darling, I can't help it. Here are a few:







My sister has more photos on her blog that I took then too... Yeah, I took a lot. He snuggled me and was rubbing my hands on Friday night as he sat on my lap. Oh, I just love him. He has a little cut on his forehead--I think we deduced he must have scratched himself in his sleep or something.

My neighbors are still loud, and my husband is still great. I finished Roman Holiday, and I have to say that's probably my favorite Audrey Hepburn movie I've seen yet. I also watched My Fair Lady, and I was surprised to see that I know a lot of the songs from the movie. I especially loved Eliza Doolittle's dress at the ball...

I really liked the time I had to myself. Lucky [or not] for me, I get to do it again this week... sort of. My brotherman has a lot of engagements lately! He came home Saturday night, a day earlier than planned, and that was a sweet surprise. We rested on Sunday, and as per usual, Sunday night turned out to be my least favorite time of the week. I sometimes have breakdowns Sunday nights; I don't really know exactly why... perhaps it's knowing that the week will be busy and I'll be at work so much. I know it sounds weird, but home is where I'd like to be, and spending so much time elsewhere can be hard. I think I just need to toughen up. I'm working on it.

Anyway, I'm going to carry on and get through this week. It helps that it's spring, and I have something that's really making life pleasant for me--a new car! I traded up. It's wonderful to have a car that has a driver's side window that rolls up inside the frame, has automatic steering, and all the speakers work in it. I used to go for drives all the time, but lately it hasn't been that fun or calming... but I feel it coming back with this new car... plus I feel a lot safer.

It's great to listen to the new CDs I bought last Friday in my car. Yes, I still buy CDs. I prefer them to iTunes... I think it's the physical sensation of owning the CD, putting it in my car's CD player... I don't know, though. I don't have a CD player besides the car. Anyway, I'll tell you about the two CDs I bought later. If you're not too busy listening to your walkman. Or your record player.

Happy St. Patrick's day!

3 comments:

meg fee said...

these pictures kill me. he is just too cute and you have such a gift. i love that one with food all over his face!

Anonymous said...

Aw, he's a cutie!

And yes, CDs are so satisfying! It's been years since I bought one, come to think about it, but there's something so wonderful about ripping the plastic wrap off in the parking lot of the store and sticking a brand-new CD in the player. So much possibility.

Adrienne Hansen said...

He is so darling. I love him. A lot.

I always listen to my record player. And walkman.