Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It was a nice day yesterday

for most of the day, until it started snowing. But wow... what a stark contrast to today.

It's snowing. Again. I woke up to an inch or so of snow on the ground today.

Oh well. Photos from yesterday [the sky was so beautiful!]:




This house reminds me a lot of some of my childhood memories, though this isn't a place that holds any for me, besides drives past it in recent years. I like the little architectural details on it.



I chose to convert them to black and white because I think they look so classic like that... plus, I am crazy about bright clouds and dark skies. It's always been one of my favorite things about black and white photography since I've shot with film. [And if you like it too, you can look up Minor White--he shot many photos like this... see one here. Though he used a filter that makes the ground white as well.]

In other news, I think I'm going crazy. I can't sleep very well at night lately, and it's affecting my housband too. He didn't sleep well last night because I was tossing and turning, pulling the covers away [which I do every night anyway]. I can't rest well because even my dreams are stressful... I just don't know what to do about it anymore. Any [serious] tips?

This last one's not black and white. I like it anyway.

Signed,

Captain Obvious

3 comments:

meg fee said...

ummm...these photos are unreal. like ansel adams (spelling?) unreal. wow oh wow, im speechless!

Adrienne Hansen said...

Captain Obvious?

Ashley said...

Yes, Captain Obvious because I pointed out that the photo's not black and white. It was a spur-of-the-moment signature. Why not!