Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I keep thinking

of things I could write here, but it almost bores me to think of my time lately--it's been a lot of good things, and a lot of considering the future. 

Nonetheless, I'd like a better record of how I spend my time because my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be before Big Life Responsibilities.

So, here goes.

This summer, I have:
*spent a lot of time at my sister's house--about 3 weeks total now.  It's been a really nice break.
*attempted to get into water aerobics.  Perhaps I'll have to try again soon.
*been puzzled by an onslaught of ants in our kitchen.
*gone camping (last Friday!) and slept on hard ground.  Also, almost saw my dog hit by a car beforehand.  Awesome.
*shot a lot of film, spent plenty of money on film, but loved photography more than ever.
*discovered bocce... well, kind of.  I'd heard of it before, but hadn't ever played.  Come to find out, it's a lot of fun!
*tried to find happiness in where I am right now, rather than worrying about the future or feeling lost in the uncertainty of where we'll be or what we'll be doing in a couple of years.  I'm still working on this one each and every day.
*gotten tired of our semi-working central air.  Tired of being hot!  Also, tired of being cold.  Thinking of moving to a warmish/coolish climate year-round.
*felt tired.  A lot.
*tried to put more things in perspective... not always so easy.
*tried to get my sleep schedule under control.  Still a work in progress.  (Btw, how am I ever going to have kids when I can't even get my own sleeping under control?  Just curious.)
*loved watching So You Think You Can Dance.  Perhaps I'll take up dancing.  (You never know.)




No comments: