Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hey, Alanis.

I've been thinking about Alanis Morrisette lately. And several of her songs. And the music videos. Not really sure why, but I find myself thinking about her while I dry my hair, while I drive my car, etc. Also, it reminds me of the time I was staying late at the darkroom for one of my photo classes, and there were two other girls there with me. One turned on Alanis tunes, and suddenly, without really acknowledging it, both girls were trying to out-sing each other.

And I was stuck in the middle of it.

Sometimes growing up is so weird.


And then I had to visit the restroom down the hall, and in the late late LATE night hours, one of the girls followed me in there and waited for me to come out so she could ask what I thought about the shadows and highlights in the photo she was printing...in the restroom.

Come to think of it, I have a lot of kind-of-funny stories from my time in the photo world. I'll have to revisit this topic.

I feel sort of grumpy lately, but I have a hunch that it's because it became cold very suddenly, and yet I still get really very hot every night.

I've also been inexplicably tired for the last few months, so that could be it. I visited my doc yesterday and demanded ANSWERS, so we'll see what comes of that.

Life is good right now--I like it how it is, but I'm also excited to see where we'll be and what we'll do next.

I would send you a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then again, this not-knowing has its charms...

amy g said...

I got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is giving a high five.

Ann Marie said...

thanks for your comment on my blog! so nice!

your photos are wonderful. who do you have scan your slides??? i'm worried about price...it seems to get a high-res scan these days is pricey. i've got an EPSON V750 PRO scanner, and thought it would do a better job (maybe i just don't know how to use it right...which is totally possible)...anyway, sorry for the log comment and so many questions!!!