Friday, January 14, 2011

Resolutions

I always think it's interesting when people post about their resolutions for the new year. 

Mine generally include Remembering The Year Has Changed (more difficult, every year, than I think it will be)

and

Not Making Any Real Resolutions, mostly because inevitably I will forget about them/become unmotivated very early on/start to resent them, so I just avoid them all together.  Also, I prefer to go with the flow of inspiration, which generally doesn't come because we begin a new year at 12:01 a.m. one random day. (Though this seems to change every year; come back next year and ask me again and I will likely have another opinion on it.)

Here's my flow of inspiration as of late:  I've really wanted to learn to paint and learn to weld.  And become a really stellar welder, in fact.   I've also been looking into making some furniture for my home, so I suppose I'll let you know how that goes.  I have a friend who's pretty good at it (no, it's not my housband, and he most likely doesn't want to be involved because he doesn't get excited about FURNITURE! like I do, probably because I don't let him decorate with Spiderman posters in our main living area and things like that), so we are going to whittle a table for my homestead.  Not a TABLE table, but actually a side table kind of thing, and if I can make up my mind about what it should look like and features it should include, oh, and also find money for the supplies, eventually we'll get this thing banged out and ready to go.

So.  That's where I'm at.  How 'bout you?

No comments: